Monday, July 1, 2013

TV Drama Producer/Writer/Trainer Yvonne Grace to guest on Euro Scriptchat on the 7th of July 2013


Do you have an idea for a TV Series? Does it have enough material for more than 2 episodes? How can you know if an idea will work or if it will run out of steam?

Euro Scriptchat is delighted to be joined by Television Drama Producer, Writer and Trainer Yvonne Grace as we chat about storylining, plotting, and structuring your scripts to ensure your 3/4/6 parters don't run out of steam.

YVONNE GRACE 
Runs SCRIPT ADVICE helping writers write better scripts for the big and small screen.

I have 20 years experience in script editing, story lining, script development and television drama production. I cut my teeth in Script Editing on EASTENDERS going on to develop long-running formats for the BBC Drama Series Department until I was asked to return to my Northern roots and work for GRANADA TELEVISION in Manchester in 1993. I stayed there till 1998 working on the BAFTA Nominated children’s medical series THE WARD as Series Script Editor. 

During this time, I continued to develop long running series formats for ITV, Script Edited the soap REVELATIONS and ran training workshops for CORONATION STREET to bring new story liners into the show. In 1997 I produced MY DADS A BORING NERD a comedy pilot for children and CITV which won BEST CHILDRENS COMEDY in the BRITISH COMEDY AWARDS of that year. I also produced the comedy drama series KNIGHTSCHOOL for CITV.

In 1999 I Produced HOLBY CITY series 2 for BBC1. My series increased the ratings from 6 million per episode to 9.6 million and helped to guarantee its continued success. I worked for the BBC developing long running formats until I went freelance to write my own commissioned work. 

In 2003 I was asked by the ITV Network to revamp CROSSROADS for ITV. I brought in a new cast, a new look, and cast Jane Asher in the lead, playing Angel Sampson. The series was watched by 1.5 million viewers a day, five days a week. I continued to develop original drama projects for CARLTON TELEVISION, and have established a healthy professional relationship with writers, agents and commissioners alike.

I set up Script Advice in 2007, offering script editing, script reading and script development services for all writers, but especially those keen to work in television. 

I design and deliver workshops and short courses: How to Storyline, Treatment writing for television for The Script Factory and The National Film and Television School.

Come join us as we chat to Yvonne Grace on Sunday the 7th of July 2013 at 8pm BST

No comments:

Post a Comment